You've probably seen it being sold in health stores. Instagram is full of pictures featuring it. Gwyneth Paltrow swears by it. It's the go-to choice for fitness lovers across the world. Google is inundated with articles about it - but do you know why matcha is so popular?
In its purest form, matcha is a natural green tea leaf and is widely considered to be the 'king' of green tea. It was first recognised for its health benefits over 1,000 years ago in Japan, having first been used as a meditation tool. The L-Theanine contained within matcha is thought to have both calming and relaxant effects. It was also used for its ability to give those drinking it an energy boost without the jittery side-effects that you can get from other caffeine-filled products.
Here are some of the key health benefits...
1. It can help to boost your metabolism and burn calories
2. Matcha is rich in fibre, vitamins and chlorophyll
3. It can help to enhance your mood and help you concentrate
4. Matcha is able to relax the mind and calm the body
5. It is a natural and effective detoxifier
6. You can get oodles of antioxidants from matcha
7. It can help your body fight off illnesses and diseases
Sounds great, right? You can buy your bag of organic matcha from us now.